Music education is our #1 priority! We meet or exceed school recommendations to ensure that we have put together a comprehensive rental package, giving you the piece of mind that you are getting top quality instruments and accessories at the best possible value.
Our Rental Program
- Rent-to-own with trade in options
- NO interest
- NO balloon payments
- No Minimum Rental Period
- Option to buy at any time
- Major credit card gives instant credit
- 20%- 30% Discount when purchased within first 90 days
- Monthly maintenance fee covers all normal wear and tear
- Name brand, school approved, instruments and accessories
- New and used instruments
(know what you are paying for... some stores offer used instruments at new prices. When getting a used instrument find out how used it is.)
- Complete in-store repair service
- FREE Getting started clinics
- Every instrument comes with all the essentials for playing
We will NOT tell you that you need to buy a better instrument next year. Our rental instruments are top quality and will allow your student to achieve their potential success until they are truly ready for a step-up or professional level instrument.
What is included in the rental cost?
All of our rental instruments at REW Music come with the following items included in the monthly rental fee.
- Properly fitted case
- Basic accessories necessary to keep your instrument in proper working condition.
- Monthly maintenance fee of $5.00 ($7.00 for cellos and saxophones) This is INCLUDED in the rental price.
Tax is NOT included in the rental price.
What additional costs should I expect to incur outside of my monthly rental payment?
There are many things you can do to help your child succeed in music other than just pay the rent.
- Book - Your student will also need the book your school band or orchestra is using. Most books cost between $8 and $11.
- Music Stand -The teachers typically require that each student have a music stand. They will need this to properly practice at home and might also need it for a concert or two throughout the year. We offer the music stand with a carrying case for $10.95 w/rental or $14.99 without rental. This kit normally retails for $20.95.
- Care Kit - Investing in a Care Kit made especially for your child's instrument to help keep the instrument clean and working well, saving in repair costs later. Care kits range from $15 - $24.
- Reeds (for Clarinet and Saxophone players) - Although our clarinets and saxophones come with 1 reed, parents of clarinet and saxophone players should expect to buy reeds quite often for the first couple months, until your student learns how to take care of their reeds. Most reeds cost between $2.50 and $4.00. Once your student has mastered the art of taking care of his/her reeds each reed should last about a month, but no longer.
- Lessons (optional)- The last (and perhaps best) way to furthur invest in your child's music education is to enroll in private lessons. Our highly trained teachers charge $85 per month. When you lease from R.E.W., take advantage of our lesson special: Buy 2 lessons and receive 2 more free (in the month of September only). For more information on lessons, visit our lessons page.
Free Getting Started Clinic
Another great way to give your child a head start is to come to our FREE Getting Started Clinics. In the clinics we work with groups of like instruments to teach the students AND parents how to properly disassemble the instrument, clean it, put it back to together, and make the first sounds.
Each school district has a published set of requirements and requests for each music programs equipment. At REW Music we work hard to assure that we are not only meeting but exceed the requirements of each district.
Not sure where to start?
Check out our Steps To Success!
Check out our Value Equity Program
100% of Rental Trade In is applied toward a step-up or professional level instrument.* *See store for details
Trade in options are available. However, before trading in your student instrument we recommend you consider the following:
- In the best interest of the student, we do not recommend moving ip to a Step-Up / Professional level instrument until late middle school.
- We recommend that you keep your student instrument to use for Marching Band and Pep Band. Do you want the more expensive instrument in the bleachers and on the field during Marching Band or Pep Band? Keep your more expensive instrument nice!
- Our Step-Up / Professional level instruments are priced well below competitors so when the time is right, to move up is affordable.
- In some areas our rental instruments are considered Step-Up level instruments.
- We do offer trade in options. We will apply 100% of rent paid toward the purchase of a Step-Up / Professional instrument.*